“Wait ’til next year” never sounded more promising. Thank you, Cleveland Indians (and fans) for a most exciting, most wonderful of seasons. Think spring, everyone!
THE CLEVELAND INDIANS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES. — Terry Pluto and all of NE Ohio, October 19, 2016
Could we be any happier?
In Cleveland for more than 80 years, you better believe we’re fans of The Land. And like so many other Cleveland sports fans, we feel that while our recent spate of winning is long overdue, it’s not a surprise.
In Terry Francona we have a great leader, and he has built and coached a team of hard-working players and coaches. If there is an answer in why Cleveland is winning now, it can be summed up in the word “team.”
Yes, we’re thrilled! And we hope our customers can say the same – not just about the Tribe, but about how we’ve run our business. We’ve always felt the way to deliver a great performance demands focus, solid leadership, and a strong and steady team effort.
At the moment we are focused on baseball — and certainly will be in the coming World Series!! But we’ve never claimed to be baseball experts. We can say, however, that because our focus has never wavered, our leadership has remained steady, that our team is “all in.” That’s why our customers rely on us to keep their trailers rolling.
If you want to talk Tribe, we’re willing, this week more than ever!! But that’s true of everyone in Cleveland today. If you want to talk about trailers and hitches, you know where to come.
JTI will be closed on Memorial Day, to pause and remember those who have served our country and contributed to all that it is today.
We will also take advantage of the great freedoms we enjoy here, in this country and specifically in Northeast Ohio. The Metroparks are gorgeous, Lake Erie is a truly Great Lake, and we are grateful every day for the wonderful customers, co-workers, friends and family whose company we enjoy so much.
We wish you a peaceful, relaxing weekend. And, we’ll be open bright and early on Tuesday, so if your trailer, hitch, tires, axle, brakes or anything else needs attention, you know where to find us.
Give a 2016 Camaro to a bunch of college kids and what do you get? A near silent car that gets about 60 mpg. No, this isn’t a lame joke. It’s a project going on now near Columbus, where mechanical engineering students at the Ohio State University Center for Automotive Research are preparing for an international competition sponsored by General Motors and the U.S. Department of Energy, among others. Students from OSU have won the competition, twice.
The center and the program keeps rolling thanks in part to corporate sponsors from around the state, including Findlay’s Cooper Tire & Rubber.
Innovation Keeps Everyone Rolling
While a stealthy Camaro that sips rather than gulps gasoline has a sort of sexy news angle, we think trailers are pretty hot, too. In some cases, trailers are used for fun – we like toy haulers and pop-up tent trailers as much as the next guy! – but for the most part, trailers do the heavy lifting and long-hauling that keeps Cleveland, Ohio, and the rest of this country in business.
If you depend on your trailer, you know what we mean. When your trailer isn’t working, you’re probably not working. And that’s not good. (Unless it’s your day off!) Do yourself a favor and stick our number in your phone: 440.232.4311 and bookmark our website: www.JTIinc.com so you can get in touch whenever you need a trailer or hitch expert.
We love working with people who depend on their trailers – whether they’re landscapers who’ve been in business almost as long as we have or upstarts using trailers to launch new and innovative businesses.
What’s Next, Ohio?
We’ve been in the trailer business since 1935 – that’s a long time. And you know what? A LOT has changed. Stop in to find out what’s new and what’s next in trailers, hitches, and tools that can make your trailer work harder and your work easier. We feature new products on our website (like Speedbinders, made right here in NE Ohio!), and are constantly checking out other innovations to find out if they live up to the hype and can really help our customers.
To learn more about OSU’s Center for Automotive Research , see the university’s website.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock (in Cleveland), we don’t have to remind you that 2016 is the year (but not the first year) the Republican National Convention comes to our town! That means your business may be in the spotlight, or at least in a position to enjoy some extra attention (and earnings). How will you capitalize?
- Perform Equipment Prep and Checks There are no do-overs this summer, folks! The 2016 RNC comes but once. If you need new equipment, give yourself PLENTY of time to order it and get it work and road-ready. Does your business depend on trailers? We always have a variety of trailers in stock, but it’s good to know that the lead time on ordering a new trailer is 8 weeks. So, if you’re in the market for another landscape or cargo trailer, come in and decide which color(s), custom features and add-ons you want NOW. In the spring, trailer manufacturers can get behind. If you store your trailers – or any heavy equipment – during the winter, plan to pull it out of storage and prep it early. Just in case.
- Ensure Staff is in Place, Fully Trained, Ready to Work Your staff IS your company, and – at the risk of repeating ourselves, there will be no do-overs on the 2016 RNC. Be smart and do all you can to ensure your staff is ready to support your business and serve all of your customers during this unique year in Cleveland. Don’t overlook details like being clear about vacation requests, overtime, and other scheduling issues during your anticipated peak business periods.
- Consider Pricing Changes Is it fair to increase prices for out-of-towners? Here’s the more astute question: is it the right thing to do for your business? Obviously, the nature of your business has a lot to do with the answers to those questions. The hotel and hospitality industry almost always capitalizes on opportunities when a convention (any convention) comes to town. The bottom line: if you haven’t reviewed your pricing structure with an eye on adjusting it for the summer, now’s the time to think about it.
- Keep Existing Customers Informed! If you anticipate significant changes in your usual business routine because of the convention this summer, plan ahead and communicate early with your customers – and vendors, for that matter.
- Document Your Place in History However your business works in preparation for the 2016 RNC Convention, or serves people during the event, your business (and all of Cleveland) will leave at least a little mark on history. Document your contributions, share them with your employees, vendors and customers in your social media feeds, in photos displayed in your offices, and in newsletters and other employee and customer communications.
Speaking of being informed, here’s a link to the official 2016 convention website: Cleveland 2016 Host Committee
Are you (and your equipment) ready for 2016? Stop in and find out how we can help you prepare for the coming (extra) busy season in Cleveland. Whether you need to order a new trailer, customize or accessorize your trailers, or are looking at trailer financing options, JTI is your best bet. Call us at 440.232.4311, click around our website, or stop in our Oakwood Village location. We’re open 6 days a week, just off I-271/Forbes-Broadway exit. See you soon!
October’s peak fall colors are such a tease…because we know what’s coming, don’t we?
Actually, predicting Cleveland’s weather accurately, months in advance, is really outside of our area of expertise. That said, we’ve rounded up some info from sources who know more than we do about the weather.
Here’s our best prediction: If you’re a snow removal professional, you’re going to be busy again this winter.
Farmer’s Almanac Said What?
“According to the Farmers’ Almanac, the winter of 2015–2016 is looking like a repeat of last winter, at least in terms of temperatures with unseasonably cold conditions over the Atlantic Seaboard, eastern portions of the Great Lakes, and the lower peninsula of Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, most of the Tennessee and Mississippi Valley, as well as much of the Gulf Coast.”
Nope, we’re not kidding. Read all about it on the Farmer’s Almanac site.
And that’s not all.
“Precipitation-wise, if you like snow, then you should head out to the northern and central Great Plains (most of the North Central States), the Great Lakes, New England (sorry Boston!), and parts of the Ohio Valley where snowier-than-normal conditions are forecast.
Over the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic States, the winter will be stormy with a good amount of snow. We are “red-flagging” the second week of January and the second week of February for possible heavy winter weather with a long, drawn out spell of stormy weather extending through much of the first half of March.”
Did you ever wonder how Farmer’s Almanac makes its predictions? Us too.
Live Weather Blogs Scare Us
Predictions vary a little among different bloggers on Live Weather Blogs, but nobody’s saying “warm and sunny in Cleveland.”
To wit, of the Midwest Region (IL IN OH KY) we’ve read, “This area starts off slow but may have one heck of a snowy and icy round of weather the second half of the winter.”
Northeast Ohio, 5’s on Your Side
News Net 5’s Mark Johnson offers the best advice, in our opinion. No, not his thoughts on a frigid February (we don’t like that part). This was our favorite part: “Enjoy your fall while you can!”
Cleveland gets snow. We get snow plows. Snow removal experts rely on JTI. We’ve been in the trailers and hitch business for more than 80 years – and we’ve seen at least that many Cleveland winters. If people depend on you and your plow, depend on JTI.
At JTI, a Snow Plow Tune-Up includes:
- Degreasing all electrical parts & re-greasing them
- Degreasing all wear parts, pins, and connections & re-greasing them
- Draining of hydraulic fluid, cleaning all valves & refilling the hydraulic fluid
- Bleeding air out of the system
- Cleaning the screens
- Tightening the springs
- Adjusting headlights
In short, we’ll help you buy getting your plow ready to make money for you this season. Call for an appointment or bring your plow in. The shop is getting busy, so don’t wait!
Call 440.232.4311 or request an appointment online.