Unless you’ve been living under a rock (in Cleveland), we don’t have to remind you that 2016 is the year (but not the first year) the Republican National Convention comes to our town! That means your business may be in the spotlight, or at least in a position to enjoy some extra attention (and earnings). How will you capitalize?
- Perform Equipment Prep and Checks There are no do-overs this summer, folks! The 2016 RNC comes but once. If you need new equipment, give yourself PLENTY of time to order it and get it work and road-ready. Does your business depend on trailers? We always have a variety of trailers in stock, but it’s good to know that the lead time on ordering a new trailer is 8 weeks. So, if you’re in the market for another landscape or cargo trailer, come in and decide which color(s), custom features and add-ons you want NOW. In the spring, trailer manufacturers can get behind. If you store your trailers – or any heavy equipment – during the winter, plan to pull it out of storage and prep it early. Just in case.
- Ensure Staff is in Place, Fully Trained, Ready to Work Your staff IS your company, and – at the risk of repeating ourselves, there will be no do-overs on the 2016 RNC. Be smart and do all you can to ensure your staff is ready to support your business and serve all of your customers during this unique year in Cleveland. Don’t overlook details like being clear about vacation requests, overtime, and other scheduling issues during your anticipated peak business periods.
- Consider Pricing Changes Is it fair to increase prices for out-of-towners? Here’s the more astute question: is it the right thing to do for your business? Obviously, the nature of your business has a lot to do with the answers to those questions. The hotel and hospitality industry almost always capitalizes on opportunities when a convention (any convention) comes to town. The bottom line: if you haven’t reviewed your pricing structure with an eye on adjusting it for the summer, now’s the time to think about it.
- Keep Existing Customers Informed! If you anticipate significant changes in your usual business routine because of the convention this summer, plan ahead and communicate early with your customers – and vendors, for that matter.
- Document Your Place in History However your business works in preparation for the 2016 RNC Convention, or serves people during the event, your business (and all of Cleveland) will leave at least a little mark on history. Document your contributions, share them with your employees, vendors and customers in your social media feeds, in photos displayed in your offices, and in newsletters and other employee and customer communications.
Speaking of being informed, here’s a link to the official 2016 convention website: Cleveland 2016 Host Committee
Are you (and your equipment) ready for 2016? Stop in and find out how we can help you prepare for the coming (extra) busy season in Cleveland. Whether you need to order a new trailer, customize or accessorize your trailers, or are looking at trailer financing options, JTI is your best bet. Call us at 440.232.4311, click around our website, or stop in our Oakwood Village location. We’re open 6 days a week, just off I-271/Forbes-Broadway exit. See you soon!